PonyUp® Technologies needs Senior Software Developer
PonyUp Technologies develops and commercializes Bluetooth monitoring devices for the professional equine market. VetCheq®, and other PonyUp devices enable veterinarians and other caregivers to remotely monitor, store data, and even collaborate.
Our end-to-end solution includes data acquisition, analysis, and local and cloud applications. PonyUp Technologies is looking for a software engineer to develop communications between devices, and applications and cloud software. Our ideal candidate must be highly motivated, self-starter, as well as a fast learner with a solid background developing UI and applications software. Participation in all aspects of product development life cycle and on-going enhancements to PonyUp equine products will be required.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in computer science or related field
- 3-5 years of work experience programming and software development of Internet applications in a UNIX or Linux environment
- Solid experience with Java, Python and Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with source code management
- Independent thinker with strong problem resolution and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, good written and oral communications skills
- Experience guiding junior level developers
- Prior experience developing and supporting commercial application software
- C, C++, XML, and Web Service concepts
- Prior customer interactions for support and product enhancements
- Knowledge of Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, TCP and other related communication technologies is a plus
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment, and be willing to learn new technologies
- Familiarity with veterinary or human health software and terminology is a plus
Submit Resume – Do Not Call
Send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PonyUp Technologies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PonyUp Technologies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.